P1C Monday Finds Round-Up: 5th – 14th March 2022
Happy Monday! Hopefully you had a great weekend, and what better way to start a new week than making yourself comfortable and finding out what’s been going on at Plus 1 Communications over the past week.
After some successful trials, FlexFarming picked its first juicy batch of strawberries, and they’re looking forward to growing even more, in large quantities, at the Dorset facility in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on their LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook pages to find out more.
We launched the Messi Burger campaign for Hard Rock Cafe last week, and reached nearly 1.5 million people on social media within the first three days. You can check out the burger on TikTok or Instagram, but don’t do it on an empty stomach.
Last week we also kicked off our social media work with one of our newest clients – TOUGHLOVE Advisors, a business consultancy and advisory company. You can check them out on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram if you want to find out more – and why not give them a follow while you’re there?
The restaurant and bar Boiler & Co. got some coverage last week, with a rave review in the Evening Standard. If you weren’t able to get a hold of a copy, don’t worry – you can read all about it here.
Voiceflex also had some press coverage, after they launched their newest Unified Communications service, Voiceflex Flow – you can read all about it on Telecompaper or Comms Dealer.
The DEKA Trifecta event took place in Dubai over the weekend, and it completely sold out. Don’t worry if you missed out on it, though – keep an eye on DEKA FIT’s Instagram page for news of their next events.
Social Media News
Keep reading to learn about the updates and new features that have been hitting the headlines over in the world of social media.
- Twitter has launched a new feature, designed to help creators keep track of the money they’re earning through the app. The ‘Creator Dashboard’ is the latest in a series of monetisation tools Twitter has added, including Super Follows and Ticketed Spaces. In the Creator Dashboard, users will be able to see data on their different income streams, as well as an overall payout tracker. https://bit.ly/35MS0OJ
- Meta is currently testing out a new layout for the desktop version of Facebook. The new layout is already available to some users, and the main change is that all navigation options and menus have been moved over to the left side of the screen, similar to how Twitter and Gmail are laid out. It looks like a way of streamlining your view of the app, making it easier, but Meta haven’t revealed more details yet, or whether it will be making this available for all users yet. https://bit.ly/3HYjIoW
- TikTok has added a new feature called ‘Agency Center,’ designed to help creators develop their accounts and connect with agencies. It’s already available to some users, in the TikTok LIVE settings. If the feature is activated, it will signal to talent agencies that your profile can be ‘searched and invited by any agency’. It’s still in development, but will help creators refine their audiences, monetise their content, and much more. https://bit.ly/3hQgOb6
- Instagram has launched new tagging options for creators to use in their photos. The new tags display more information about people, rather than just their username. A self-designated profile category will be included in the tag, such as photographer, writer, or fashion stylist, and can be used to highlight behind-the-scenes collaborators who might normally go unacknowledged. https://bit.ly/3CspUUO
- LinkedIn has announced plans for the second edition of its virtual ‘Spark’ conference. It will be held on Tuesday the 15th of March, with this year’s theme being ‘Your Moment Won’t Wait’. The free event will be held on LinkedIn Live, and feature talks from a line-up of industry experts and high-profile speakers sharing their insights, including Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds. https://bit.ly/3MEfneb
Kraft Mac & Cheese has teamed up with Netflix and Ryan Reynolds for its latest advertising campaign. The product has been featured in his new sci-fi film, The Adam Project, which was released on Netflix last Friday, and Reynolds has also starred in a new series of adverts with one of his co-stars, Walker Scobell. The ads will be on TV, online, and on Kraft’s social media pages. Reynolds posted one of the ads on his Instagram last week, and it’s already been viewed more than 1.8 million times.
It’s not the first time Kraft’s joined forces with a big name. Last month, Kraft Singles (the pre-packaged slices of cheese you might see at a barbecue) launched the Singles Single with singer-songwriter Kelis. Kelis, who trained as a chef, sings all about the different ways you can eat Kraft Singles in the song, called Square It. If you haven’t already, you can listen to the song on Spotify, Apple Music, or wherever else you stream music.
You can find out more about the new campaign here: https://bit.ly/3Jhdimp
Meme Of The Week